At the Pilates Center of Maine (PCM), we value our clients and believe establishing expectations helps avoid surprises. Please take the time to review our policies below.
24-HOUR CANCELLATION NOTICE for PRIVATE OR SEMI-PRIVATE SESSIONS
- Please respect our cancellation policies; instructors are compensated per lesson.
- Private or Semi-Private sessions: When you register, we reserve a spot for you, thus, we require cancellation notice 24 hours prior to your session . Otherwise, you will be charged the full amount for your reserved session. Cancellations are acceptable via phone or email; Monday Private or Semi-Private sessions must be cancelled by Saturday.
- You can avoid a cancellation charge if you reschedule your session within a one-week timeframe.
- Clients that purchase Private or Semi-Private sessions are required to provide a credit card on file.
- Snow days: In the event of snow days, when schools are closed or dangerous road conditions exist, we understand you may not be able to make it to your scheduled lesson. In this case, you will not be charged, but we ask that you reschedule your session within one week. Please keep watch for PCM emails related to closings. We will also make an announcement on our homepage.
CLASS, SESSION and PAYMENT POLICY
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A $50 fee for returned checks will be assessed.
Payment to Freelance Instructors: Freelance instructors are paid separately from any series of packages you have purchased through the Pilates Center of Maine. Please make checks payable to the instructor, or provide them with your credit card information.
- Unless otherwise noted, all classes and sessions are 55 minutes.
- All of our packages have a 3-month expiration. In order to see results with Pilates, attendance on a regular and consistent basis is important.
- Workout attire should allow for a full range of movement, including twisting and bending. Biking shorts or leggings or other secure, comfortable, non-see through workout attire are required.
- Please silence all personal devices while in the studio. Phones unexpectedly ringing and pinging cause disruptions during a workout. We understand the occasional urgent call, please notify your instructor prior to the start of a class or session should you expect such a call.
- Pilates involves working out while barefoot. Clients should remove outside shoes before walking in the workout area. To help keep equipment clean for all clients, we ask you to clean your mat or apparatus after each use. There can be lots of activity in the studio; we cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Clients are responsible for notifying PCM instructors of any relevant health issues or injuries you think may affect your Pilates workout.
- If your condition changes – for instance, if you pulled a muscle or recently experienced a minor fall – please let us know so that we may provide the best possible service for you.
- Please do not use equipment without your instructor present.